Received NWO VENI Award
Received NWA-ORC Award with Holland Hybrid Heart team
Beatrice Moscoloni (PhD candidate) joined the lab
Kasra Osouli (PhD candidate) visits the lab
Beatrice Moscoloni won Best Poster Award at the 2023 Biomedical Industry Day
- Peirlinck M, Linka K, Hurtado J, and Kuhl E.
On automated model discovery and a universal material subroutine for hyperelastic materials.
Comp Meth Appl Mech Eng. 2023 (download)
- Salvador M, Kong F, Peirlinck M, Parker DW, Chubb H, Dubin AM, and Marsden AL.
Digital twinning of cardiac electrophysiology for congenital heart disease.
bioRxiv. 2023 (download)
- St. Pierre S, Kaczmarski B.K., Peirlinck M, and Kuhl E.
Sex-specific cardiovascular risk factors in the UK Biobank.
medRxiv. 2023 (download)
- Gulcher O, Vis A, Peirlinck M, and Kluin J.
Balancing the ventricular outputs of pulsatile total artificial hearts.
Artificial Organs, 2023 (download)
- Tikenogullari OZ, Peirlinck M, Chubb H, Dubin AM, Kuhl E and Marsden E.
Effects of cardiac growth on electrical dyssynchrony in the single ventricle.
Comput. Methods Biomech. Biomed. Eng. 2023 (download)
- Pentenga P, Stroh A, van Genuchten W, Helbing W, and Peirlinck M.
Shape Morphing and Slice Shift Correction in Congenital Heart Defect Model Generation.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science 13958. 2023 (download)
- Kolawole F, Peirlinck M, Cork TE, Levenston M, Kuhl E, and Ennis DB.
Validating MRI-Derived Myocardial Stiffness Estimates Using In Vitro Synthetic Heart Models.
Ann Biomed Eng. 2023 (download)
Awarded AIG Price 2018-2022
Received NWO Open Domain Science XS 22-4 Award with R. Padmos and L. Noel
Raymond Padmos (postdoc) joined the lab
Ludovica Maga (PhD candidate) joined the lab
Sara Cardona (PhD candidate) joined the lab
- Peirlinck M, Yao J, Sahli Costabal F, and Kuhl E.
How drugs modulate the performance of the human heart.
Comp Mech. 2022 (download)
- Levine S, Battisti T, Butz B , D’Souza K, Sahli Costabal F, and Peirlinck M.
Dassault Systèmes’ Living Heart Project.
book chapter in Modeling Congenital Heart Disease - Engineering a Patient-specific Therapy. Springer Nature. 2022. (download)
- St. Pierre SR, Peirlinck M, and Kuhl E.
Sex matters: A comprehensive comparison of female and male hearts.
Front Physiology. 2022 (download)
- Haddock B, Alcantara RS, Gatti AA, St Pierre SR, Kuhl E, Peirlinck M, Suetta C, Gold GE, and Kogan F.
Acute response to bone loading in humans assessed using [18F]-NaF PET/MRI.
Joined Delft University of Technology as Assistant Professor (TT)
Finalist of the Flemish PhD Cup
- Peirlinck M, Sahli Costabal F, and Kuhl E.
Sex differences in drug-induced arrhythmogenesis.
Front Physiology. 2021; 12:708435. (download)
- Peirlinck M, Sahli Costabal F, Yao J, Guccione JM, Tripathy S, Wang Y, Ozturk D, Segars P, Morrison TM, Levine S, and Kuhl E.
Precision medicine in human heart modeling. Perspectives, challenges and opportunities.
Biomech Model Mechanobio. 2021; 20:803-831. (download) (SIMULIA blog) (Industry Arena)
- Vastmans J, Maes L, Peirlinck M, Vanderveken E, Rega F, Kuhl E, and Famaey N.
Growth and remodeling in the pulmonary autograft: computational evaluation using kinematic growth models and constrained mixture theory.
Int J Num Meth Biomed Eng. 2021; doi:10.1002/cnm.3545. (download)
- Schäfer A, Peirlinck M, Linka K, and Kuhl E.
Bayesian physics-based modeling of tau propagation in Alzheimer's disease.
Front Physiology. 2021; 12:702975. (download)
- Linka K, Peirlinck M, Schäfer A, Ziya Tikenogullari O, Goriely A, and Kuhl E.
Effects of B.1.1.7 and B.1.351 on COVID-19 dynamics. A campus reopening study.
Arch Comp Meth Eng. 2021; doi:10.1007/s11831-021-09638-y. (download)
- Bhouri MA, Sahli Costabal F, Wang H, Linka K, Peirlinck M, Kuhl E, and Perdikaris P.
COVID-19 dynamics across the US: A deep learning study of human mobility and social behavior.
Comp Meth Appl Mech Eng. 2021; 382:113891. (download)
Recipient of a Belgian American Education Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Best Speaker Award Annual Cardiovascular Postdoctoral Research Conference Stanford Medicine CVI
- Peirlinck M, Linka K, Sahli Costabal F, Bendavid E, Bhattacharya J, Ioannidis J, and Kuhl E.
Visualizing the invisible: The effect of asymptomatic transmission on the outbreak dynamics of COVID-19.
Comp Meth Appl Mech Eng. 2020; 372:113410. (download) (cmame) (medRxiv) (download)
- Linka K, Peirlinck M, and Kuhl E.
The reproduction number of COVID-19 and its correlation with public heath interventions.
Comp Mech. 2020; 66:1035-1050. (download) (medical life sciences) (the conversation)
- Linka K, Peirlinck M, Sahli Costabal F, and Kuhl E.
Outbreak dynamics of COVID-19 in Europe and the effect of travel restrictions.
Comp Meth Biomech Biomed Eng; 2020; 23:710-717. (download) (science daily) (infosurhoy) (health24) (welt) (mdr wissen)
- Peirlinck M, Linka K, Sahli Costabal F, Kuhl E.
Outbreak dynamics of COVID-19 in China and the United States.
Biomech Model Mechanobio. 2020; 19:2179-2193. (download OA) (stanford medicine)
Joined Stanford University as a Post-Doc
PhD from Ghent University
- Peirlinck M, Sahli Costabal F, Sack KL, Choy JS, Kassab GS, Guccione JM, De Beule M, Segers P, Kuhl E.
Using machine learning to characterize heart failure across the scales.
Biomech Model Mechanobio. 2019; 18:1987-2001. (download)
Research Visit Stanford University - FWO research scholarship
Research Visit University of Cape Town - FWO research scholarship
- Peirlinck M, De Beule M, Segers P, Rebelo N.
A modular inverse elastostatics approach to resolve the pressure-induced stress state for in vivo imaging based cardiovascular modeling.
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2018; 85:124-133. (download)
- Peirlinck M, Sack KL, De Backer P, P.Morais P, P. Segers P, T. Franz T, and M. De Beule M.
Kinematic boundary conditions substantially impact in silico ventricular function.
Int J Numer Method. 2018; 35(1):e3151. (download)
- Peirlinck M, Debusschere N, Iannaccone F, Siersema PD, Verhegghe B, Segers P, De Beule M.
An in silico biomechanical analysis of the stent-esophagus interaction.
Biomech Model Mechanobio. 2018;17(1):111-131. (download)
- Caenen A, Pernot M, Peirlinck M, Mertens L, Swillens A, Segers P.
An in silico framework to analyze the anisotropic shear wave mechanics in cardiac shear wave elastography.
Phys Med Biol. 2018;63(7):075005. (download)
- Caenen A, Pernot M, Peirlinck M, Mertens L, Segers P.
Analyzing the Shear Wave Mechanics in Cardiac Shear Wave Elastography using Finite Element Simulations.
IEEE Int Ultrason Symp. 2018. (download)
Start PhD at Ghent University
- Hirdes M, Peirlinck M, De Beule M, Siersema PD.
Can we develop self-expandable metallic stents without consideration of mechanical properties? Reply.
Endoscopy. 2014; 46(8):716. (download)